Why become a member of OMAA?
– Networking meetings wherever members choose to gather, for face-to-face professional support and discussion.
– Access to the members only blog which includes weekly updates from around the globe, and articles ranging from current professional practice issues, new mobility aids, conferences and member activities.
– Support this website which contains links and resources specific to our region.
– Representation of the O&M profession to students, community and government groups regarding issues affecting orientation and mobility services and consumers.
– Professional development opportunities.
– Providing a forum for participation in the growth of the O&M profession in our region.
Anyone can join OMAA. You do not need to be an O&M Specialist. We would love you to be part of building our association and the O&M profession in Australasia and believe if you have any interest in O&M services then you will benefit from membership.
$125 Ordinary Member 2 years or $75 Ordinary Member 1 year
Persons meeting OMAA’s professional and training requirements for Orientation and Mobility Specialists incl. Dog Guide Instructors
$40 Associate Member 1 year
Persons meeting OMAA’s professional and training requirements for Allied Orientation and Mobility Practitioners; e.g. Dog Guide Trainers and O&M Assistants.
$20 Affiliate Member 1 year
Persons meeting OMAA’s criteria for having an affiliated interest in Orientation and Mobility, e.g. students in the field, allied professionals, co-workers, consumers, parents etc.
N.B. Australian applicants pay the aforementioned fees in Australian dollars $AU and New Zealand applicants pay the aforementioned fees in New Zealand dollars $NZ.
How to become a member
Please complete the form below if you wish to apply for or renew your membership of the Orientation and Mobility Association of Australasia (OMAA). By submitting this form you:
- are confirming the details contained on the form to be true and correct;
- duly agree to be bound by the OMAA Code of Ethics and OMAA Constitution
- commit to making full payment of the relevant fee (details below).
Direct Deposit (preferred payment option) please include your name in the payment description
BSB: 033 091
Account Number: 205992
Account Name: Orientation & Mobility Association Australasia Inc.
Please make cheques/money orders payable to OMAA Inc. and post to:
Karen Carrigan, OMAA Treasurer, PO Box 1965, NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059 AUSTRALIA
Payment via PayPal is only available to applicants not residing in Australia. If using PayPal, sign-in then select “Pay for goods or services”, use the email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name in the Special Instructions box. Please be aware you may be charged a fee.
Memberships are valid from the time you join. You will be sent a renewal notice before your membership expires.